Grander Earth Has Quaked Before

Hello again, o people who probably don't even read this because my life is boring as heck. I'm back with another scatterbrained pile of nonsense.

We have a liveable house now. The flooring's done, the downstairs bedrooms are sheetrocked, the kitchen is finished, though so far lacking a dishwasher, and we have a cat.

Now, of course, the big thing: public school.
That's right, your girl Sam is no longer homeschooled. I now go to Buffalo Gap High School, and it's surprisingly great (It's still school).

Uhhhh....
NaNoWriMo! It's coming up fast, and I am very unprepared. But I'll manage, one way or another.

Prepare for unusual deepness from me.

It's been over a year since the move. Over a year since I said goodbye to my dogs, to my home, to a way of life, got on the plane, and flew to America.
Over the past year, the Lord has shown me that He will put me right where he wants me, even if I can't tell that I'm where I need to be. It's all a part of His plan, and He knows exactly what He's doing. I have made amazing, supportive friends, found an incredible youth group, a barn where most of the students are also Christian, as well as my instructor. I am right where God wants me to be in order to grow in Him.
He's also shown me that this isn't the worst thing to ever happen. In the words of one of my favorite songs:
     Grander earth has quaked before
     Moved by the sound of His voice
     Seas that are shaken and stirred
     Can be calmed and broken for my regard
Bigger things have happened, and it's not about me and my little crisis. It's about God's plan and God's glory. My little crisis isn't what should be consuming my life. God should be the center of it all. And the Lord still has to tell me that day by day, and I still struggle with it. There are so many distractions in life. Friends, social media, the news, getting good grades. But my focus should be on God. If I do that, everything else will fall into place and resolve itself.
Not that there won't be hardships. But I will be able to overcome them if I walk closely with Jesus and make Him the center of my life.
-Sam


Comments

  1. Brilliant. And is anyone prepared for NaNo, really? (The answer better be no. Because I'm not.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grace~z~Artist

What even...?