We the Wicked Ones

Long time no........
Type?

Aaanyway.
It's been a while. I'm sorry.

Sooooo.... NaNoWriMo is long since over, and I only got halfway to my word count. :(
We're going house hunting for a permanent house, because this one is a rental, and it's a bit cramped when all five of us are home.
Also, Happy late New Year! (on the last day of January. Huh.)
I'm actually supposed to be doing schoolwork right now, but if I didn't type this up now, I would never get around to it.

I have found my new favorite book series/author: Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger. I got the first book about two months ago, and read it in two days, and I just got book two a few days ago, and I'm already more than halfway through it. (In other words, go buy them. You won't regret it.)

On another note, I got throwing knives for Christmas, and I suck. But it's too cold to go out an practice, so I haven't gotten much better. At all.

Oh! That's right, Appleseed. Project Appleseed. An awesome program where you go down to a rifle range over the weekend and they teach you proper marksmanship (the instructors are AMAZING), and a little bit of history, namely, the night of Paul Revere's Ride and all the other crap that went down that night/day.
Really, though. It's an amazing program, and they do them all over the US. I, having never have shot before, went from getting maybe half my shots on the target instead of the cardboard it was stapled to, to getting almost all of them on the target, and most of them in the right spot. That's how good the instructors are (and how good I am at learning. Not).
They also do Ladyseeds, which are basically the same thing, but only women. Women shooters, women instructors. (Though dads can come with their daughters, they just can't shoot. They get to help set up.)

No, the title has nothing to do with the post. No, I don't care. Yes, it's a good song.
-Sam

Comments

  1. I've read Keeper of the Lost Cities! It's AWESOME. But the latest book was such a cliffhanger... :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grace~z~Artist

What even...?